How to perform:
- Sit on the floor with your legs straight out in front of you.
- Bend your knees, put your feet on the floor and then slide your left foot under your right leg.
- Lay the outside of the left leg on the floor. Step the right foot over the left leg and stand it on the floor outside your left hip.
- Pressing right hand against the floor just behind your right buttock, and set your left upper arm on the outside of your right thigh near the knee.
- The right knee will point directly up at the ceiling.
- Here, you have to exhale & turn towards the inner side of your right thigh.
- Remain in this position for about 30 seconds & then release.
- Try doing this the other way too.
- Can repeat it 3-3 times on each side.
- Tones and strengthens abs and obliques
- Stretches and energizes the spine
- Open the shoulders, neck, and hips
- Increases flexibility, especially in hips and spine and cleanses the internal organs.
Do not perform:
- People with Heart, abdominal or brain surgeries should not practice this asana.
- Care should be taken for those with peptic ulcer or hernia.
- Those with severe spinal problems should avoid this asana.